Find out how to get free health care for seniors over 55 [Brazilian Times]
Element Care is a non-profit healthcare organization with a simple mission: to help the elderly to live safely and comfortably in their homes and communities for as long as possible. Here are some questions that can help you learn about the program and how to benefit from it.
To read this article in Portuguese click here [Link to article] by clicking this link, you will be leaving Element Care’s website and are going to a website not operated by Element Care.
We would like to know what services you offer to people in need of assistance by filling out forms to help them access free medical care.
Element Care’s PACE is a nonprofit healthcare organization serving North Shore and Merrimack Valley. It provides complete and highly personalized service to help people aged 55 and over to live independently, safely and comfortably in their homes for as long as possible.
If you qualify for Medicare or MassHealth and need assistance to apply for the senior care level, PACE at Element Care is Free ”, with no monthly premiums, extra payments or direct expenses. There are also options available for those who have Medicare only and for private payments.
Element Care has a specialist who can fill out MassHealth forms for you and a team to guide you through the application process.
Tell us a little bit about Element Care?
Element Care provides everything that those looking for us needs to stay healthy and independent in the community, visiting the doctor, nurses and the rehabilitation team at our wellness center – dental, hearing aids, glasses, access to care services as needed and more.
PACE at Element Care includes primary, specialized, hospital and dental care; physical and occupational therapy; transportation to all medical appointments and to the PACE Wellness Center, where you can see the service team and enjoy fun activities and meals; prescriptions at no additional cost and medical equipment, as clinically necessary.
Here are some other things that make PACE in Element Care special:
– Our doctors treat only about 150 patients (the average doctor treats about 2,000 patients). This way our doctors know everything about you.
– Our patients are usually seen by a doctor or nurse on the same day they become ill.
– We provide free dental equipment, glasses, hearing aids and medical equipment as needed.
– We offer fun wellness and creative programs, including our PACE Olympics, gym and exercise classes, Tai Chi, music, painting, bingo, Wii bowling and more.
– Participants can receive free medical companions per avatar. These virtual cat or dog games play music for our participants – and provide reminders for exercising and taking medication, as well as monitoring health 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
What are the requirements that people need to get your services?
You are eligible for PACE at Element Care if:
– You are over 55 years old
– Live in our service area, which includes North Shore and Merrimack Valley in Massachusetts
– Want to live at home, but need enough assistance to qualify for the level of care in the nursing home
– You can continue to live safely at home, after being evaluated by our team of experts
There are also limits on income and assets that change over time; therefore, call 877-803-5564 for updated information.
Where can people find your services? Which locations?
Element Care provides services on the North Shore and Merrimack Valley with the PACE Wellness Centers in Lynn, Beverly, Gloucester, Methuen and Lowell. We have clinical and activity teams at each PACE Wellness Center, so you can see your doctor, nurse or social worker, do physical / occupational therapy, stay for fun activities and have lunch – all with round-trip transportation that is provided for you.
I know you have some workers who speak Portuguese. Are they available to help the Brazilian community? Are these services offered for free?
Yes. Portuguese interpreters are free and available to anyone who wants to learn more about Element Care.
After registration, interpreters are available during visits to the medical team and for activities in our Wellness Center. If live interpreters are not available, we also provide virtual interpreters in Portuguese.
If someone needs to ask for information and wants to speak to someone in Portuguese, is there a number?
Yes. They should call our information line at 877-803-5564 (TTY 711). Please mention that you speak Portuguese when you call and we will put a Portuguese interpreter on the line. You can also send an email to Element Care through our website www.elementcare.org and request a call back with a Portuguese interpreter.